Mogo (TSX: MOGO), a Vancouver-based technology company, is changing the way Canadians approach finances through a uniquely digital experience and innovative products designed to help consumers get in control of their financial health. Users can sign up for a free MogoAccount on their mobile devices in only three minutes and get access to free credit score monitoring, a free spending account, mortgages, and personal loans. With more than 400,000 members and growing, Mogo is leading the shift to digital banking in Canada. To learn more, visit mogo.ca or download the mobile app.
Mogo is looking for a Product Manager to play a key part on our growing Product Team. As Product Manager, you will live at the intersection of technology, business and user experiences. A master of integrating many sources of information and ideas to execute our product vision, you will play an essential role in the growth of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Execute the vision for our products and user experiences, which open a world of possibilities for Canadian consumers.
- Contribute to the prioritization of key features for the products you’re managing with the product team and senior stakeholders.
- Researching, challenging and documenting business requirements for new features.
- Driving the creation of killer user experiences to achieve business outcomes for new features with our UX/UI design team.
- Co-authoring agile user stories with technical project leads for communicating requirements to the product cross-functional teams.
- Presenting and managing feedback for user stories in feature discussion meetings.
- Managing the prioritization of scored features in our feature backlog based on business ROI and technical dependencies.
- Work closely with technical project leads to keep on track of product/feature delivery dates.
- Deliver relevant documentation to operations to ensure staff is properly trained on new features.
- Contribute to our marketing strategy by identifying and communicating product features that are newsworthy and important to users.
- Facilitate internal and external stakeholders, and integrate competitive information and strategy to determine short and long term priorities and features.
- Utilize a data-driven approach to drive decision-making.
- Oversee product management lifecycle end to end.
- Identify and manage strategic vendor relationships.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Internalize and deeply understand Mogo’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team.
- Clearly communicate product roadmaps, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Mogo employees to customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 + years of Product Management experience at a technology company using agile methodologies.
- Experience delivering products in a financial services environment is a plus but not required.
- Proven success in building software to execute product strategy and vision.
- Experience working with cross-functional development teams including back-end developers, front-end developers, mobile developers, CRM developers, web analytics analysts and QA developers.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary business teams including operations, marketing, communications, legal and compliance.
- Knowledge leader in evolving product strategies based on an integrated view of business/user requirements and industry/competitive trends.
- Emotional intelligence; you should be able to regulate and modify behavior to more effectively work with others.
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges it with enthusiasm.
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday.
- Strategic thinking, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analyzing data and translating results into product strategies.
- Previous experience with Pivotal Tracker and Asana considered a bonus
- Exceptional documentation skills. Information is detailed, and formatted in an easy to read manner. Appropriate use of written versus diagrams. Language used is clear, concise, and in plain English.
- Detail oriented, with high degree of accuracy and results focus; be diligent and work with a sense of urgency.